This Pre and Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training will give you the skill set to confidently teach yoga to expectant mamas and those with little ones in tow.
During pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum a woman’s body goes through many natural changes. Yoga can be extremely helpful when managing these changes, new aches, pains, discomfort and complications. Teaching yoga to someone who is pregnant or to someone who has had a baby can be very supportive, empowering and fun!
In this course we will learn:
- how to hold space for these changes and make offerings that help women empower themselves,
- about what causes discomfort due to hormonal changes in a woman’s prenatal and postpartum body,
- what the most common aches and pains and complaints are and why they happen,
- we will share techniques you can teach women who are experiencing these aches and pains so they can build strength to support their labour and to reconnect with her own body after birth,
- how to increase your students awareness of their pelvic floor including tightness, prolapse, and diastasis, and share some simple but effective exercises and sequences to support homeostasis.
This course will also include learning:
- suitable pre and post natal asanas, – with consideration given to each trimester,
- asana alignment, modifications, contraindications for the pre and post natal body,
- sequencing a pre-natal class for all trimesters and when a baby is with the mom too,
- Anatomy of the Pregnancy body,
- trigger point techniques,
- hands on assists and self massage,
- yoga nidra,
- and pranayama.
Location: ZOOM & Guelph
Dates & Time: Saturday, November 14 & Sunday, November 15 | 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Exchange: $400 early bird Nov 1st | $425 after
To register: Lisa@LisaCipparone.ca
A $100 non – refundable deposit is required to confirm your spot.
Louisa Pucci has been practicing yoga since 1995 and has been teaching since 2011. Her approach is therapeutic and fuses all the many wonderful and varied teachings of Ayurveda, Pre and Post Natal practices, Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Adaptive Yoga, Vinyasa, Hatha, Chakra Flow, and is a practitioner of Thai Yoga Massage and Aromatherapy.
Lisa Cipparone has been teaching yoga since 2001 and holds several yoga certification including: Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga, Hatha, Pre and Post Natal and Kids Yoga. She is the Founder of Lila Yoga Wisdom School. Lisa is also an Energy Healer and Channel of the Divine. To read more about Lisa go here: http://lisacipparone.ca/about/
Please contact Lisa to register. Lisa@LisaCipparone.ca.